Thursday, February 25, 2016

Production Checkpoint #2

Right now I am currently doing more concept art and am trying out different medias.  I've tried colored pencils, markers, and now I'm scanning my work and putting it in Illustrator to make my sketches into line art on the computer.  I'm still fiddling and figuring Illustrator out so I don't have any completed work yet.
                                                                                                        Right here are drawings of me playing with colored pencils.  I tried incorporating cross-hatching, light/darks, etc. and I also figured out the formula for a realistic skin tone (high-five!!).  As for markers... that was a disaster.  I don't have anything of high quality such as copic markers so I can't create skin without it being orange or pink--it's a challenge I'll have to figure out someday..                                                                                                                                                                                              
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Then I decided I didn't really like how it was turning out (sadly...), so I wanted to line it and color it digitally (like how the You-tubers I watch do it).  Since I ran into problems in the past with Photoshop (I DON'T UNDERSTAND XD), someone suggested I try Illustrator.  So, I scanned three drawings with the intent of lining and filling all of them in on my computer.  My progress thus far includes image tracing one drawing and I am currently going through and fixing the paths so the image will look sharper and I will be able to fill it in with no problems.  Just to note: all of these characters are products of character creation with backgrounds, a personality, the whole wad.  I'm obsessed.  Also, I intend to include these pieces in my portfolio (if I like them enough) so I want to figure out printing them in a fancy way?  I don't know.Another media I'm trying out is paint.  This is the two-person interaction investigation piece, but since I don't have a 2D class in my schedule, I don't have any time to actually work on this piece so... here's the crappily-painted background XD
In my animation class, I am also animating the character Sintel.  It's taking FOREVER.  I've run into some minor problems, but I've resolved them.  As of now, I have six (?) actions and I still need to create a background, key the root armature, add one more action (that I can't do until I do the first two), key the camera movements, sit through the entire render process, put it in Premiere Pro, BLARGH.  At least I'm still enjoying myself.Looking around, I do admit I feel kind of behind in the production stand point... I think I'm still trying to figure out what my production actually will be.  I'm messing with a whole bunch of medias and ideas--next year I'll have more of a grip on what I want to pursue, so right now I want to stick my fingers in all the pies.

No comments:

Post a Comment