Sunday, May 21, 2017

Nagle - 4th Marking Period Blog Post

My inspiration for my final marking period is to try to express how I felt mentally after injuring myself. I felt trapped in my own body, unable to do the things I used to be able to do. Therefore, I am creating two pieces to embody that trapped feeling.
My first piece is of a character meditating with chains on her wrists and ankles. This creates irony in my piece but I also feel as if it is more jarring, and is closer to how I felt. Here's the preliminary sketch:
The second piece is of a girl in fetal position made out of decaying silver. To me it symbolizes the rusting or the ruining of someone who used to be great (AKA the injury of an athlete). Here's the sketch:
In the first piece, I am painting with a triad of red-purple, yellow-green, and orange inks. I am also using silver and gold watercolors. For the second, I am using black ink for the "decay" and silver watercolors. If I do end up lining them, I am using my Pentel brush pen or my micro-liners.

No comments:

Post a Comment