Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Portfolio Checkpoint #2

Unity is a game development platform to build both 2D and 3D games for PC, consoles, mobile devices and websites.  I am interested in learning how to use Unity because my goal is to go into game design at the University of Southern California.

Right now I am looking at tutorials the Unity website provides and have created the game Roll-the-Ball and am currently working on a much larger project of a Space Shooter game.


Challenges I've run into is the language Unity prefers and the tutorials use, which is C#. I'm in my first year of taking computer science and programming and I've only used C++ (not well either XD), so using another language is challenging.
Animation class is also still very helpful. So far I have animated a hand and robot. In some free time I also have modeled a lightsaber (in celebration of the Star Wars movie of course).
Even though I am currently focusing on Unity, I still draw every once in a while and am even working on a two-person interaction piece that I'm in the process of painting (concept art and character creation).

No comments:

Post a Comment