Sunday, May 15, 2016

Open World Video Game Trend

This is my trend submission for NCCAS. I decided on open world video games because I am pursuing a game design career and I am just very passionate about anything game-related. Being so passionate, I already own many open world games and that became the basis of my idea. I was going to find the history, the current advances, show gameplay, and play music from open world games. During the creation of my video, I ended up having to use or do things that I was very unfamiliar with. Since I am mainly a digital modelling and animation student, I had no clue how to use Premiere Pro, a tripod (sad, I know), get YouTube clips, or how to edit video and audio. Thankfully, most of it came pretty naturally to me but I know it took me longer than someone who has used or done these things before. Getting to watch one of my peer’s videos for this project was also very helpful in the making of my video. He also used YouTube clips and put the title of the videos he used in the corner of the screen as it was playing. I had this idea to put the name of the game playing on the screen and I decided against it because of my inexperience, but after seeing it in use I realized it was beneficial to people watching my video who aren’t as game-knowledgeable as others. Other peers and my teacher were also very helpful whenever I had a question or when I was unsure how to do something. This project was a fun challenge to complete and now I know how to accomplish some things that I would have never otherwise attempted (and I’m pretty proud of my video too :3).

No comments:

Post a Comment